Information on the rules for granting entry visas to Armenia
Buying a tour to Armenia, you should be familiar with the rules for granting visas by Armenia to citizens of Foreign countries.
Visa-free regime of entry to Armenia works for the citizens of the following countries: Austria, Australia, Albania, Andorra, Argentina, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Vatican, Hungary, Vietnam, Germany, Greece, Georgia, Denmark, Egypt, India, Jordan, Iran, Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Italy, Kazakhstan, Qatar, Cyprus, Kyrgyzstan, China, South Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macau, Mexico, the USA, Moldova, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, United Arab Emirates, Russia, Romania, San Marino, North Korea, Serbia, Singapore, Syria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Uruguay, Philippines, Finland, France, Croatia, Montenegro, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Sweden, Estonia, Japan
List of the countries whose citizens can obtain Armenian entry visas upon arrival in Armenia: Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Bolivia, Brunei, Bhutan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Haiti, Guyana, Guatemala, Honduras, Kong, Grenada, Dominica, Israel, Indonesia, Jordan, Canada, Cambodia, Kiribati, Colombia, Costa Rica, North Korea, Cuba, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar /Burma/, Nauru, Nicaragua, Oman, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Thailand, Taiwan, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Turkey, Fiji, Chile, Ecuador, South Africa, Jamaica
The citizens of the above mentioned countries at the presence of any kind of valid passports may stay in the territory of the Republic of Armenia up to 180 days a year.
The citizens of other countries, along with any kind of valid passports (diplomatic, official, service, general-civil or travel documents), as well as the holders of the UN Laissez-Passer must obtain an entry visa to the RA.
!Important to know: On the border control points only 3-day trans it visas and 21/120-day visitor visas are given.
The citizens of Algeria, Angola, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Vietnam, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Egypt, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Kenya, Côte d'Ivoire, Congo, Liberia, Libya, Mauritania, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Syria, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, the Central African Republic, Chad, Sri Lanka, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, South Sudan can apply to obtain an entry visa to the Republic of Armenia only on the basis of an invitation.
This restriction does not apply to the citizens of these countries who have Armenian nationality.
The citizens of the Republic of China, the Republic of Iraq and the Republic of India may apply for an entry visa to the Republic of Armenia without an invitation, but only in foreign diplomatic missions and consular offices of the Republic of Armenia.
Types of Armenian Visas
Visitor visa - A visitor visa is issued when a foreigner intends to enter the Republic of Armenia for the purposes of tourism, visiting relatives or other persons, business, transportation and other professional interest, medical treatment or other short-term stay. Visitor visa is issued for a single entry or for multiple entries with validity of one year.
Official visa – for holders of Official or Service Passports.
- multiple entries visas for non-diplomatic employees of foreign diplomatic representations or international organizations and their families with validity of 3 years
- single entry visa or multiple entries visa with validity of 1 year for foreign officials who arrive to Armenia upon invitation of Armenian authorities or foreign diplomatic representations or international organizations
- single entry visa or multiple entries visa with validity of 1 year for members of official delegations holding ordinary passports
Diplomatic visa – for holders of diplomatic passports and for the persons with diplomatic status
- multiple entries visas for employees of foreign diplomatic representations or international organizations and their families with validity of 3 years
- single entry visa or multiple entries visa with validity of 1 year for members of official delegations, their families as well as other officials
- single entry visa for 120 days if arriving to Armenia for non-official purposes
Transit visa – single entry visa or multiple entries visa with validity of 1 year with stay in Armenia for no more than 3 days and with possibility to extend maximum for 4 days
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia issues and extends Official and Diplomatic visas, as well as issues e-visas. Visitor and Transit visas are issued and extended by the Passport and Visa Department of the Police of Armenia.
Armenian visas are issued for maximum 120 days with possibility to extend for another 60 days if no other term is defined by international agreements of the Republic of Armenia.
The Cost of an entry visa to the Republic of Armenia
- Visitor visa (up to 21 days of stay) / Non-refundable - 3.000 AMD
- Visitor visa (up to 120 days of stay) - 15.000 AMD
- Multiple entry visitor visa (for up to 60 days of stay with 6 months validity) - 20.000 AMD
- Multiple entry visitor visa (for up to 120 days of stay with one year validity) - 40.000 AMD
- Single entry transit visa - 10.000 AMD
- Multiple entry transit visa (with one year validity) -18.000 AMD
Information on the rules of entry visa to the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR)
Foreign citizens are allowed to enter the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic on valid foreign passports or other documents replacing them, provided that you have an entry visa of NKR, with the payment of the corresponding state fee.
Entry visas to the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic to foreign nationalities are issued at the NKR representation in Armenia. In exceptional cases, an entry visa may be issued at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of NKR in Stepanakert.
A visa-free regime is in force for citizens of Georgia and CIS countries (except Turkmenistan).
Registration terms and fees for NKR visas
- Visitor entry visa for 21 days - free
- Single long-term entry visa for up to1 month - 9.000 AMD
- Multiple long-term entry visa for up to1 month - 14.000 AMD
- Single long-term entry visa for up to 2 months - 12.000 AMD
- Multiple long-term entry visa for up to 2 months - 17.000 AMD
- Single long-term entry visa for up to3 months – 15.000 AMD
- Multiple long-term entry visa for up to3 months – 20.000 AMD
Foreign citizens visiting the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic need to know:
Mark to visit Nagorno-Karabakh in the passport, will cause in evitable problems at the entrance to the Azerbaijan Republic. Therefore, if you plan to visit Azerbaijan, your visa will be issued not in your passport but on A4 format sheet.